Later today my patent wishes for the New Year will be posted, which I realize are a little late, but I decided to take some time off over the holidays, visit family, have family visit and enjoy as much pro and college football as possible! Before I turn the page on 2009 and look head to 2010, I wanted to take a look back on the year. This has been a good year for IPWatchdog.com. We were recognized at one of the top 100 websites for lawyers by the American Bar Association and I received press credentials from the US Supreme Court to report on Bilski (see #11 below), which were but two developments during 2009. and I want to thank the many contributors and readers who continue to visit us and read our news articles, thoughts and opinions. We look forward to many wonderful things in 2010!
I am happy to report that during 2009 we had our biggest year ever in terms of traffic to IPWatchdog.com. Our top 8 articles each received over 10,000 page views, 18 articles received over 5,000 page views, 33 articles received over 4,000 page views, 62 articles received over 2,500 page views and a staggering 304 articles were viewed over 1,000 times during 2009. Below are the top 25 for 2009, a couple of which first were written in 2008 and 2007, showing quite a bit of staying power and popularity.
Without further ado, here are the top 25:
- Obama Wants Open Source IT Solutions for US (35,500 page views in 2009)
- Red Bull Wins Trademark Lawsuit (19,618)
- Jobs and Apple Seek Patent on Operating System Advertising (15,653)
- Who Knew Avon Had Patents? (13,991)
- Obscure Patent: Skateboard Deck (11,824)
- Michael Jackson: Inventor of Anti-Gravity Illusion (11,600)
- Famous Inventors: Benjamin Franklin (11,389)
- Family Dog Cloned Thanks to Dolly Patents (10,783)
- The Top 25 Patent Blogs (7,485)
- Vote for the Top Patent Blogs (7,028)
- Bilski Arguments Complete at the US Supreme Court (6,789)
- The Making of a Good Patent Related Press Release (6,692)
- PTO Hiring Freeze and Budget Problems (6,294)
- Improvement Patents & Inventions (6,235)
- Avoiding Invent Help & Other Invention Scams (5,485)
- LegalZoom Continues Unauthorized Practice of Law (5,393)
- US Supreme Court Grants Cert in Bilski (5,294)
- Beware Invent Help Press Releases (5,002)
- The Top 50 Patent Blogs (4,967)
- Review: Blackberry Tour Not Ready for Prime Time (4,957)
- Bill Gates Seeks Patent on Hurricane Prevention (4,816)
- Michael Jackson and the Beatles Copyrights (4,662)
- Report Compares Patent Assets of GM, Ford and Chrysler (4,466)
- Open Source Race to Zero May Destroy Software Industry (4,403)
- How to Patent Software in a Post Bilski Era (4,370)
We also had a very good year in terms of Unique Visitors and Total Number of Visits. Had it not been for missing about 7 days worth of statistics in June due to a server error we would have likely come close to or just exceeded 700,000 unique visitors for 2009.
And our average visit length was 353 seconds.
While 71.77% of our traffic comes from the US, we had strong popularity around the world in 2009.
Thanks again for making 2009 a very memorable year. We pledge to bring our “A” game in 2010!