ASRC Federal Space and Defense brings a 14-year history of delivering high-performance systems engineering, integration and operations services to civil and defense agencies. ASRC Federal Space and Defense provides these services throughout all phases of the program life cycle.
Duties to include
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Performs detailed chemical technology-related literature searching in various online databases.
- Analyzes search requests in the areas of both chemical and materials engineering including polymers, and organic and inorganic chemistry to determine requirements and strategy, and develops and modifies complex search strategies to conduct searches of electronic resources.
- Reviews and prepares search results for customer in specified formats.
- Uses independent judgment in selecting from a wide variety of electronic databases.
- Fluently uses search tools offered by a number of vendors as well as in house systems to develop complex search strategies and conduct the searches.
- Responds to requests requiring difficult and comprehensive searches for information through the use of primary and secondary sources, both current and retrospective, ephemeral materials, and/or information not readily available in published form.
- Identifies, examines, and evaluates major publications and tools in scientific and technical areas covered by the Electronic Information Center to which they are assigned.
- The incumbent prepares and delivers oral and written presentations and training to patent examiners and special groups concerning the services of the information center and the use of information sources and search tools.
- Acts as a backup for reference staff in provision of reference assistance.
- Participates in training activities.
- Advanced degree in Chemistry or related field.
- Six years’ experience in electronic database searching.
- Expert in complex searching of scientific and technical literature using one or more major on-line commercial vendors (STN, SciFinder).
- Expert in searching Chemical Abstracts and strong preference for STN with chemical structure experience.
- Strong background and/or research experience in chemical engineering, materials engineering, polymers, and organic and inorganic chemistry desirable.
- Expert knowledge of scientific and technical literature, reference tools, and on-line systems.
Expert in searching for scientific and technical literature in at least one technology area and experience in searching one or more other technology areas as identified in Task Order 1 – Electronic Information Center Support.
- Expert in searching for literature and resources on the Internet.
- Knowledge of the U.S. patent system, examining procedures, and U.S. as well as foreign patent formats a plus.
- Must possess both excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a demanding production oriented environment.
- Training experience is a plus.
Please apply directly on the ASRC Federal Website.
About the ASRC Federal Holding Company
ASRC Federal Holding Company is the government services subsidiary of Arctic Slope Regional Corporation, an Alaska Native Corporation owned by approximately 13,000 Iñupiat Corporation shareholders.
ASRC Federal Holding Company supports a family of companies that provide a broad range of services to federal civilian, intelligence and defense agencies. Our employees bring a “can-do” attitude to resolve challenges. The reliability of services and unwavering commitment to helping customers overcome their challenges has served as the catalyst for growth and expansion of services.
ASRC Federal Holding Company is headquartered in the metro DC area and has office locations located throughout the U.S. such as Colorado, Florida, New Jersey, Arizona and Alabama. ASRC Federal companies embrace a customer-focused philosophy. We are invested in developing trusted partnerships and making long-term commitments to help ensure our customers’ success.