Patterson Thuente IP is looking for an experienced patent attorney for its Minneapolis Office with at least an undergraduate degree in chemistry or chemical engineering, familiarity with polymers and reactive formulations and a strong interest in the law.
Duties to Include
Ideal candidates will be experienced and highly capable at patent drafting and prosecution, and will be familiar with or have worked for large corporate clients. Prior experience with oppositions, U.S. post grant review procedures, coatings or adhesives would be a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in chemistry or chemical engineering
- A minimum of 4 years patent experience, including USPTO registration
- Excellent academic credentials, strong writing skills, enthusiasm and efficiency
- Superior knowledge of the law, including familiarity with international matters
- Communication skills that will inspire the confidence of our clients
- A strong commitment to client service
- The ability to work well both independently and with others, and reinforce our collaborative culture
Candidates can apply by providing transcripts and a writing sample with your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Stacy Locsin, Director of Human Resources.
About Patterson Thuente IP
Patterson Thuente IP helps creative and inventive clients worldwide protect, and profit from, their ideas. Our attorneys have interdisciplinary expertise, deep technical and scientific knowledge, and a clear understanding of how intellectual property impacts a company’s bottom line. Our full service approach allows us to be a partner to our clients in securing, managing and enforcing their intellectual assets. At Patterson Thuente IP, you can take on challenging, sophisticated work while developing both personally and professionally. We offer a casual work environment with competitive salaries, sensible billable goals and bonus opportunities.