Blueshift IP is an innovative boutique patent law firm specializing in software patents that seeks a registered patent attorney with at least two years of full-time experience or equivalent with patent preparation and prosecution, including experience with software patents. Primary responsibilities will be reviewing prior art searches, drafting patent applications, and responding to Office Actions. The position offers flexibility (including the ability to work remotely as appropriate) and opportunities for growth and is ideal for a passionate attorney who thrives in an environment that values quality and client service. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to learn from and work closely with passionate, highly experienced patent practitioners on sophisticated patent matters in a collegial team environment that leverages cutting edge technology and a dedicated support team. Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
Duties to Include
Preparation and prosecution of computer and electrical patent applications, reviewing prior art searches, responding to Office Actions.
Two years of full-time (or equivalent) EE/CS patent prosecution, with significant exposure to software patents
Education and Credentials
The ideal candidate will:
- be a registered U.S. patent attorney with at least two years of full-time patent application preparation and prosecution experience;
- be a member of the Massachusetts bar;
- have strong academic credentials and an undergraduate degree in computer science or electrical engineering; and
- be well-versed in preparation and prosecution of software patents, including preparing applications to be resistant to rejections under Section 101 and responding to rejections under Section 101.
Highly qualified candidates will also be enthusiastic technologists, organized and punctual professionals, and creative thinkers. Telecommunications, software, and/or engineering experience is a plus.
Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate will:
- be service-minded and passionate about results with an ability to develop positive relationships;
- have a strong work ethic and experience with independently handling deadlines and conflicting priorities to deliver quality results;
- possess strong interpersonal skills;
- pay meticulous attention to detail and be capable of working independently;
- be open and responsive to constructive feedback and training;
- have excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- thrive in an environment of continuous improvement and innovation.
Candidates can apply by sending a writing sample, preferably of a software patent application written entirely or predominantly by the applicant to Robert Plokin.
About Blueshift IP
Blueshift IP is an innovative boutique patent law firm specializing in software patents. A Cambridge-based firm, Blueshift IP providing IP strategy and patent prosecution services to technology companies throughout the US and abroad. The firm is run by well-known, broadly networked senior patent attorneys with strong connections into the technology community.
Blueshift IP is committed to equal opportunity hiring practices. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.