Raymond Millien is a prominent intellectual property attorney who holds a BS from Columbia University and a JD from George Washington University School of Law.
In 2012 Mr. Millien was recognized as one of the “World’s 300 Leading IP Strategists” by IAM Magazine.
A co-founder of PCT® Law Group, PLLC, which was established in 2008 with offices in Virginia, Florida, and Washington, DC, his practice includes developing strategies and counseling clients on patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret and entertainment matters, including negotiating and drafting patent applications and technology-related agreements. Mr. Millien also performs intellectual property portfolio evaluations and due diligence for corporate transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, private offerings of equity and debt securities and bridge loans.
Prior to forming PCT, Mr. Millien was General Counsel of Ocean Tomo and was also Vice President and IP Counsel at The American Express Company. Mr. Millien also spent time practicing law in the Washington, DC offices of DLA Piper US LLP and Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox PLLC.
Connect with Mr. Millien:
PLEASE NOTE: Mr. Millien’s articles reflect his current views as of the time the article was written. His personal views should not be necessarily attributed to his former, current or future employers, or their clients.
if ( !function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') || !dynamic_sidebar('Ray Millien') ) : ?>
Raymond’s Articles on IPWatchdog.com
- 12 Year-End Considerations for Non-Disclosure AgreementsDecember 6, 2013
- Conjunctions and/or Patent ClaimsOctober 17, 2013
- Contracts 101: Covenants, Representations and Warranties in IP License AgreementsApril 5, 2013
- Competency Standards and Ethical Regulations for U.S. Intellectual Property Brokers and Other MiddlemenMarch 22, 2013
- Bridging the Innovation Gap: Pro Bono Opportunities for Intellectual Property AttorneysFebruary 26, 2013
- Landscape 2013: Who are the Players in the IP Marketplace?January 23, 2013
- (Numbers) and IP Licensing AgreementsJanuary 3, 2013
- Defensive Patent Pools: There are Surprisingly Few OptionsDecember 10, 2012
- The Real McCoy Part 3: How to Bridge America’s Innovation GapNovember 18, 2012
- The Real McCoy Part 2: I am a Man Who Thinks and My Thoughts are ValuableNovember 13, 2012
- The Real McCoy: Should Intellectual Property Rights be the New Civil Rights in America?November 11, 2012
- Business Methods (and Software) are Still Patentable!August 28, 2012
- The Smart Phone Patent Wars: Is Government Action on the Horizon?August 8, 2012
- Some Observations on the Market Reverberations of the Smart Phone Patent WarsMay 30, 2012
- The Smart Phone Patent Wars: What are FRANDs For?April 23, 2012
- The Smart Phone Patent Wars: What the FRAND is Going On?March 27, 2012
- Are the Smartphone Patent Wars Giving Patents a Bad Rap?March 7, 2012