Raymond Millien is a prominent intellectual property attorney who holds a BS from Columbia University and a JD from George Washington University School of Law.
In 2009, 2011 and 2012 Mr. Millien was recognized as one of the “World’s 300 Leading IP Strategists” by IAM Magazine.
Mr. Millien is currently Senior IP Counsel for GE Healthcare, responsible for driving the global IP strategy for its software, consulting and services businesses, which have a combined $6.1B in annual revenue.
Previously, Mr. Millien was General Counsel of Ocean Tomo, LLC, and Vice President and IP Counsel at The American Express Company. Mr. Millien has also practiced law in the Washington, DC offices of PCT Law Group, PLLC, DLA Piper US LLP and Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox PLLC.
Connect with Mr. Millien:
PLEASE NOTE: Mr. Millien’s articles reflect his current views as of the time the article was written. His personal views should not be necessarily attributed to his former, current or future employers, or their clients.
Raymond’s Articles on IPWatchdog.com
- Using Competitive Intelligence to Enable IP Monetization Sep 03 2014
- Supreme Court’s Latest Patent Case and Software Patentability Jul 14 2014
- The Patentability of Software: Myths, Facts and a Proposed Test May 28 2014
- Are Your Corporate Transactional Attorneys Harming Your Future IP Strategy? Jan 24 2014
- 12 Year-End Considerations for Non-Disclosure Agreements Dec 06 2013
- Conjunctions and/or Patent Claims Oct 17 2013
- Contracts 101: Covenants, Representations and Warranties in IP License Agreements Apr 05 2013
- Competency Standards and Ethical Regulations for U.S. Intellectual Property Brokers and Other Middlemen Mar 22 2013
- Bridging the Innovation Gap: Pro Bono Opportunities for Intellectual Property Attorneys Feb 26 2013
- Landscape 2013: Who are the Players in the IP Marketplace? Jan 23 2013
- (Numbers) and IP Licensing Agreements Jan 03 2013
- Defensive Patent Pools: There are Surprisingly Few Options Dec 10 2012
- The Real McCoy Part 3: How to Bridge America’s Innovation Gap Nov 18 2012
- The Real McCoy Part 2: I am a Man Who Thinks and My Thoughts are Valuable Nov 13 2012
- The Real McCoy: Should Intellectual Property Rights be the New Civil Rights in America? Nov 11 2012
- Business Methods (and Software) are Still Patentable! Aug 28 2012
- The Smart Phone Patent Wars: Is Government Action on the Horizon? Aug 08 2012
- Some Observations on the Market Reverberations of the Smart Phone Patent Wars May 30 2012
- The Smart Phone Patent Wars: What are FRANDs For? Apr 23 2012
- The Smart Phone Patent Wars: What the FRAND is Going On? Mar 27 2012
- Are the Smartphone Patent Wars Giving Patents a Bad Rap? Mar 07 2012