Domain Name Purchase Agreement 3
|Written by Gene Quinn
Patent Attorney & Founder of IPWatchdog
Widerman & Malek
Follow Gene on Twitter @IPWatchdog
#The 1 Patent Bar Review Course
LIVE or HOME STUDY ~ CLICK HERE to REGISTER
Call 888.296.5973 and mention "IPWatchdog" to save 10%
The Domain Name Purchase Agreement below is free and provided for your use as you see fit and at your discretion. This Agreement was created by Gene Quinn, a patent attorney and founder of IPWatchdog.com. It was created for a particular situation and may not be appropriate for all users. You do, however, have the right to copy this Agreement and modify it as necessary to meet your needs and requirements.
While forms are commonly used and available elsewhere around the Internet it is important to understand the limitations provided by forms. A form, by its very nature, is previously written, usually to address a typical situation. Unfortunately, however, in law there are few typical situations. While this form will be useful for some, the use of a form cannot and does not supplant the need for competent legal advise adapted to your particular situation. IPWatchdog, Inc. and Gene Quinn personally accept no liability if you do use this or a modified version of this Agreement.
Please realize that IPWatchdog, Inc. will not be able to answer questions about what changes could or should be made to this agreement given your particular situation, nor can we answer questions about what various provisions mean. If you do need this type of assistance please feel free to contact us and we will endeavor to put you in contact with an attorney who can help you.
Copying or otherwise using the Agreement below signifies understanding and acceptance of theses Terms & Conditions.
For other domain name purchase agreements see Domain Name Purchase Agreements.
Domain Name Purchase Agreement
The current owner of the domain name identified below (hereinafter referred to as “Seller”) desires to sell all rights, title and interest in such domain name to the Purchaser, and the Purchaser desires to acquire same rights, title and interest in such domain name from the Seller. Therefore, it is agreed between the parties as follows:
1. The domain name to be transferred from the Seller to the Purchaser is ______________________ (referred to sometimes herein as “domain name.”)
2. The Seller agrees to transfer to the Purchaser all right, title and interest in and to the identified domain name, including any trademark rights associated with the domain name itself and all Internet traffic to the domain name. Notwithstanding, this Agreement does not relate to any Website content, which shall remain the property of the Seller.
3. As consideration for the sale of the domain name the Purchaser promised to pay the Seller the amount of __________________. This sum shall be paid to a third party escrow, namely Escrow.com, within three (3) business days from the date this Agreement becomes effective. In the event that payment is not timely received this Agreement may be cancelled by the Seller at the Seller’s sole discretion.
4. After notification from Escrow.com that funds have been received from the Purchaser, the Seller will within two (2) business days take the necessary actions required to change the registered ownership of the Domain Name.
5. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to in any way limit the right of the Seller to purchase, own, create and/or maintain another Website.
6. This Agreement states the entire agreement between the parties concerning the purchase and sale of the identified domain name and supersedes any prior agreements, understandings, or representations with respect thereto. Any addition or modification to this Agreement must be made in writing and signed by authorized representatives of both parties. This Agreement is made under and shall be construed according to the laws of the State of __________, U.S.A. In the event that this agreement is breached, any and all disputes must be settled in a court of competent jurisdiction in the State of __________, U.S.A.
7. If any of the provisions of this Agreement are found to be unenforceable, the remainder shall be enforced as fully as possible and the unenforceable provision(s) shall be deemed modified to the limited extent required to permit enforcement of the Agreement as a whole.
8. The effective date of this Agreement shall be the date signed by the parties. If the parties sign on different dates, the effective date shall be the date of the last signature.
WHEREFORE, the parties acknowledge that they have read and understand this Agreement and voluntarily accept the duties and obligations set forth herein.
Name (Print or Type):
City, State & Zip:
Name (Print or Type):
City, State & Zip:
About the Author
|Eugene R. Quinn, Jr.
President & Founder of IPWatchdog, Inc.
US Patent Attorney (Reg. No. 44,294)
Widerman & Malek
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Rutgers University
J.D., Franklin Pierce Law Center
L.L.M. in Intellectual Property, Franklin Pierce Law Center
Send me an e-mail
Gene is a US Patent Attorney and the founder of IPWatchdog.com. Known by many as “The IPWatchdog.” Gene started the widely popular intellectual property website IPWatchdog.com in 1999, and since that time the site has had millions of unique visitors.Gene has been quoted in the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, the LA Times, CNN Money and various other newspapers and magazines worldwide. He represents individuals, small businesses and start-up corporations. As an electrical engineer with a computer engineering focus his specialty is electronic and computer devices, Internet applications, software and business methods.