IPBC Global has cemented itself as the global gathering of the world’s IP business leaders since it was first held back in 2008. From June 10 to 12 2018, IPBC Global will enter its second decade when the world’s IP elite will assemble at the Palace Hotel, San Francisco for the 11th annual event.
Building on the convergence challenge theme addressed in Ottawa in June 2017, the 2018 programme features innovative, new session formats specifically designed to encourage delegate interaction with members of the speaking faculty and to facilitate discussion around critical topics.
As ever, IPBC Global’s unrivaled network of senior IP business leaders will ensure a speaking faculty unmatched by any other IP event. Panelists will be tasked with sharing key strategic knowledge points and experience of cutting-edge value creation issues, as well as offering deep insights into how corporate executives can most effectively tackle the challenges posed by today’s constantly changing IP landscape. Attendees will enjoy a range of keynote addresses, topical debates, deep-dive industry focuses, scenarios, masterclasses and boot camps, including the following:
- CIPO scenarios: Corporate IP leaders discuss how to handle the kind of business-critical challenges that land on the desk of the 21st-century chief IP officer.
- Win-win deal-making: Explore how collaborative licensing programmes are changing, what’s on offer and how to get the best deal.
- The Patent Trial and Appeal Board: Understand the ways in which patent owners can be successful before the “death squads” of the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
- Debates: Is the United States still the beating heart of the global IP market? Are antitrust laws and regulations getting in the way of standard-essential patent licensing? Is patent quality a distraction, when all that really matters is eligibility?
- Masterclasses: The dos and don’ts of IP transactions in China; and successful partnering with universities and other research institutions.
- Big data: The best ways to use data to maximize the effectiveness of IP value creation strategies.
- Meet the buyers: Who is buying patents, what are they looking for and how do they buy?
Industry focus: Review the IP landscape, the challenges and the trends in the semiconductor and artificial intelligence spaces.
As always, in addition to the keynote, plenary and breakout sessions, IPBC Global 2018 will offer delegates extensive formal and informal networking opportunities. These are designed in the knowledge that for many attendees, who you meet at an IPBC event is just as important as what you learn.
IPBC Global has been submitted for approval for CLE hours. Depending on the specific state rules, regulations, and restrictions, the projected CLE credits awarded could be up to 10.5 hours.