Invention-Con 2017 is August 11-12 in the Madison Building at the USPTO Alexandria, Virginia headquarters. All independent investors, entrepreneurs, and small business owners (as well as their IP professional employees) are welcome to attend.
Attendees can listen to plenary talks, participate in small-group breakout sessions, and hear from USPTO officials and experts who will present information on patents, trademarks, and other IP matters and topics of interest to small businesses.
USPTO Commissioner for Patents Drew Hirshfeld will be the featured speaker. Representatives from other agencies will also be on hand to answer questions and direct attendees to available resources. Additional speakers include:
- Katharine Contag, founder and CEO of Color Clutch, a brand focused on innovative storage solutions for nail polish.
- Louis Foreman, founder and Chief Executive of Enventys, an integrated product design and engineering firm; and CEO of Edison Nation and Edison Nation Medical.
- James Patterson, a founding partner of Patterson Thuente IP
- Lisa Ascolese, aka THE INVENTRESS, is a mentor, entrepreneur, keynote speaker, inventor and independent TV product agent.
- Warren Tuttle, President of the United Inventors Association.