Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. is seeking a patent attorney at the Associate Director level to assist with the development of strategies for expanding Regeneron’s intellectual property protection around key molecules, platforms and other technologies to ensure Regeneron’s long-term competitive advantage.
WE OFFER FREE SHUTTLE TO AND FROM METRO NORTH. RELOCATION is paid
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Regeneron is accelerating and improving the traditional drug development process through our proprietary VelociSuite® technologies, such as VelocImmune® which produces optimized fully-human antibodies, and ambitious research initiatives such as the Regeneron Genetics Center, which is conducting one of the largest genetics sequencing efforts in the world.
The patent attorney will also assist in providing IP transactional support in partnership with colleagues and clients in R&D, clinical, regulatory, legal, business and alliance management departments at Regeneron.
- Conducting strategic IP due diligence, including the portfolios of competitors and potential collaborators;
- Identifying opportunities for expanding Regeneron’s IP position and working with members of various business, legal, scientific and administrative groups within Regeneron to take advantage of such opportunities;
- Providing IP transactional support for a wide variety of business transactions, including research collaboration and licensing agreements, clinical agreements, master services agreements, clinical trial agreements, MTAs, consulting agreements, vendor agreements, and confidentiality agreements; and
- Monitoring internal and external developments around key molecules, platforms and other technologies to provide IP strategic support for early stage collaborations after execution.
Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctorate and admitted to practice in at least one state, New York preferred.
- At least 4 years of top-tier IP law firm experience; additional in-house experience, a plus.
- Ph.D. in life sciences field required, immunology a plus.
- Registered to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office.
- Ideal candidate will have a broad range of patent-related legal expertise including patent preparation and prosecution, IP due diligence, litigation, licensing and strategic counseling.
- Exceptional communication skills, including presentation, interpersonal, writing and conflict resolution.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and clients at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines, handle multiple complex legal matters and see projects through to conclusion.
- Strong knowledge of IP law required.
- Experience working in biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with contracts involving intellectual property.
- High level of business acumen.
Interested Candidates are asked to Apply Online
About Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
We Inspire Ideas That Change The World
At Regeneron, we believe in the power of original thinking. Our company is built on breakthrough ideas; which is why we foster a spirit of openness, and strive to inspire from within. We are collaborative by design and driven by curiosity. Each one of us plays an active role in transforming people’s lives through our work. Regeneron’s people make us who we are, and we are truly more than a company – we’re a community.
Simply put, we’re a tight-knit group working together to change the world.