IPWatchdog, Inc. is seeking a sales professional to join our ranks. This will be our first hire specifically dedicated to sales, which means we are looking for someone who is not only a sales representative but also someone capable of developing and managing protocols and procedures. Candidates must have established industry relationships within the intellectual property sector and a proven track record of successfully growing revenue. As our first sales professional you will have an opportunity to make a profound impact and shape the positioning of our rapidly growing and influential publication.
Title and compensation will be commensurate with experience. Benefits, including medical and 401(k), are included. We envision the monetary compensation being either: (1) part salary and part commission; or (2) 100% commission-based.
- The primary goal is to grow revenue for IPWatchdog.com. This will be accomplished by selling advertising on IPWatchdog.com, obtaining partners and sponsors for our weekly Webinars and our live programs, including the Patent Masters™ Symposium and our Annual Meeting, and promoting and selling the Patent Practice Training course to law firms.
- Perform sales functions, including new business development, servicing existing partners, advertisers, and sponsors, actively looking for opportunities to upgrade existing partners, advertisers, and customers to meet their objectives.
- Provide guidance and marketing advice to our most critical marketing partners, advertisers and sponsors so they can better understand our audience and reach and how we can best work together.
- Work with the IPWatchdog management team, as necessary, to develop holistic solutions and offerings for partners, advertisers, and sponsors within IPWatchdog’s editorial guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Graduate Education is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in sales, marketing or similar role.
- 5+ years of experience in the Intellectual Property sector.
- A proven record of success in meeting ambitious revenue goals.
- Ability to approach partners, advertisers, and sponsors in a relationship-building manner.
- Excellent prioritization skills and the ability to pivot between projects as necessary.
- Ability to think in a long-term strategic way, while engaging ongoing required daily tasks.
- Understanding how partners, advertisers, and sponsors can and will leverage a relationship with IPWatchdog to obtain tangible results.
Interested candidates should submit a resume or CV, a list of several references, and a cover letter identifying salary requirements, including preference for salary and commission or only commission. Please send this information to the attention of Renée Quinn, at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled by the right candidate.
Launched in October of 1999, IPWatchdog.com has grown by leaps and bounds since the early days on the Internet, and today is a media company that provides live and online training, as well as exclusive seminars led by top thought leaders in the industry. Over the years IPWatchdog.com has been a trusted resource on intellectual property for tens of millions of unique visitors for 2 decades. In addition to providing free content, IPWatchdog provides a sponsored Weekly Webinar Series, that is free for attendees, which have attracted as many at 1,250 registrants. Beginning in 2018 we launched the IPWatchdog Institute, offering courses, seminars, and training for intellectual property professionals at all levels of their careers. The two flagship offerings of the IPWatchdog Institute are the Patent Masters™ symposium and Patent Practice Training. Beginning in 2020 we will also start hosting an Annual Meeting.