Samsung, a global leader in semiconductors, telecommunications and digital media technologies, is seeking a talented patent licensing attorney in its Mountain View, California campus who will support all our products and businesses across the globe. An ideal candidate would have 5 or more years of law firm experience drafting and negotiating complex intellectual property agreements and be well-versed in a broad range of related technology transactions, and self-motivated and able to work well in a cross-cultural environment.
- Negotiate and draft complex intellectual property agreements, including patent and technology license agreements, joint development agreements, university licenses, patent pool agreements, and standard setting body agreements
- Counsel internal clients in all aspects of IP agreements and IP aspects of commercial agreements
- Represent the company before standard setting bodies
- Analyze patent licenses and provide support in IP disputes with third parties
- Conduct IP due diligence for acquisitions
- Manage outside counsel in complex transactional matters
- 5+ years of relevant experience at a top tier firm
- JD with CA license
- Substantive experience with drafting and negotiating patent licenses
- Experience with a broad range of technology transactions, including joint development agreements IP due diligence, patent pool agreements, university licenses, standard-setting body agreements, and patent acquisitions/sales
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a cross-cultural team across the globe
- Background in engineering preferred, but not required
- Korean language ability a plus, but not required
Interested Candidates are asked to Apply Online with their resume.
About Samsung Research America
The Silicon Valley IP Office of Samsung is located in Mountain View, CA. Staffed with talented attorneys and professionals, the office handles various aspects of IP in the United States (including IP license, IP transaction, IP litigation and IP outreach activities) and has been part of some of the largest patent litigation and transaction matters.