RPX Corporation is seeking a full time, permanent Senior Patent Analyst in San Francisco, CA. The Senior Patent Analyst will be tasked with assessing patent validity. In this role, you will draw upon industry experience to thoroughly research prior art and patent validity, supporting business initiatives including RPX’s Patent Quality Initiative, defensive buying, acquisition syndication (for large portfolios), and advisory services. To be successful in the role, this person must (1) possess a broad knowledge of information technologies including software, networking, mobile communications, and semiconductors, (2) be able to arrive at well-justified conclusions based on detailed research, and (3) be able to effectively communicate complex technical principles to non-technical audiences.
About the Role
- Research prior related disclosures/commercial efforts to assess viable claim constructions, novelty, and obviousness
- Review patent claims and other materials to figure out the basis for active or potential infringement disputes
- Explore relevant market(s) to assess adoption of patent usage
- Identify and locate written evidence for specific innovations that occurred prior to the filing of a patent
- Coordinate with external subject matter and enforcement experts
- Communicate findings to relevant internal and external clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related Information Technology field.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in technical or engineering role in an Information Technology industry such as Software, Networking, Semiconductors, and/or Mobile Communications.
- Minimum of 2 years’ involvement in patent issues including prosecution, litigation, and valuation viewed favorably
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to identify the market, industry segments, and products and services to which a patent claim relates
- Knowledgeable of a general history of various information technologies including key developments in those fields
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to catalog, match, and relate similar patents, portfolios, and technologies
- Results-oriented and service-minded with ability to develop and foster relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally
- Collaborative work ethic and willingness to be a part of a team-centric culture
- Ability to work with virtual, global teams
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, and influencing skills
- Motivated, self-directed, and proactive with a willingness to take on additional projects
- Consistent track record of excellence, ownership, and accountability
- Confident personality supported by focused, logical thinking and fact-based, documented conclusions and opinions
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and execute against deliverables under deadlines and competing priorities
- Highly focused, organized, and detailed
- Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills
- Represents RPX in a manner consistent with its culture and values
- Deep familiarity with a variety of technology domains
- Strong foundation in engineering
- Advanced engineering degree(s) viewed favorably
- Previous experience with patents viewed favorably
Are asked to apply online at https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=ojECafwt&s=IP_Watchdog.