Commvault is seeking a talented Patent Counsel experienced in software patent portfolio generation, as well as advising legal and business teams, to join our dynamic and expanding legal department. The attorney will be based at Commvault’s global headquarters in Tinton Falls, NJ and report directly to the Chief IP Counsel.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with internal teams to identify new inventions
- Manage a significant personal docket to prepare and prosecute high-quality patent applications protecting Commvault’s products and services worldwide
- Closely supervise outside counsel responsible for aspects of Commvault’s patent portfolio
- Provide infringement, validity, and freedom to operate opinions based on prior art search results and other analysis
- Identify strategic business value and market dynamics associated with various technologies and competing products
- Advise internal stakeholders at various levels regarding IP issues
- Provide IP support as a member of cross-functional legal teams in licensing, litigation, and other matters
Position Requirements Include:
- Partner-track or equivalent in-house attorney with 4+ years of patent prosecution experience at a large law firm or major corporation
- Registered to practice before the USPTO
- BS and/or advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience in the software field
- JD from a top-tier ABA-approved law school
- Proven track record of extensive successful software patent prosecution
- Patent prosecution experience in non-US jurisdictions
- Prior non-legal work experience in software development is a plus
- Superior academic credentials
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Exceptional professionalism, communication, personal integrity, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with clients in team-oriented partnerships to achieve outstanding results
- Flexibility to accept diverse challenges in a fast-paced high tech environment
- Proactive and self-sufficient practice management skills
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail in all aspects of responsibilities
- A positive attitude, a dynamic personality, and a creative spirit
Interested candidates, Apply Online. Please be sure to send all applications with a cover letter and undergraduate plus law school transcripts.
Commvault is the world’s most powerful backup and recovery software in the cloud and on any infrastructure, helping companies transform their data into a powerful strategic asset. Commvault data protection and information management solutions enable companies and organizations of all sizes, in all industries, to protect, access and share all of their data—anywhere and anytime.
As an organization, we are committed to a great work culture that embraces our values and promotes professional growth. Our Vaulters are passionate innovators who work together to uncover new challenges that can be solved. We are proud that the focus of every vaulter is to drive our customers’ businesses forward. We’re all about getting the job done, and having FUN doing it. As vaulters we pride ourselves on transparency, integrity, and respect in everything that we do.
NOW is the time to join a growing company with strong roots, where you can take on your next challenge.