Unified Patents is a private, subscription based company which is disrupting the patent market. The team is looking for a passionate and self-starting individual, preferably with a law degree, to join the company in a senior role to continue our growth and help enter new markets.
Duties to Include:
The professional will help grow Unified’s business. Will assist in the company’s strategic direction and increased membership activities related to a range of technologies areas and assist with dealing with NPEs. They will identify potential markets, technologies, partners, and members, and lead in achieving agreements with them. The successful candidate will assist in developing new business models for revenue generation using Unified’s unique value proposition.
The candidate should have a thorough knowledge of the above-stated industries and IP departments at those companies, and have an awareness of general trends which affect these industries. They should already have worked, interacted, and/or sold to IP Departments of major high-tech corporations.
The position requires an individual passionate about patent law and Intellectual Property. A high degree of independence and is success based. Aggressive compensation and flexible work environment.
- Identify new opportunities in existing, as well as new markets
- Work as a key member of the team to lead Unified in future activities
- Contact potential partners to determine if they are the right fit with Unified
- Manage member acquisition from start to finish, including identifying decision makers and contacting them, to final negotiation and contract finalization
- In some cases interact and have oversight responsibility for internal and outsourced providers of technical, legal and market research information
- Location in SF Bay Area highly preferred
- JD and/or significant experience selling to in house IP counsel.
- Willing to travel 20%
- Highly competitive salaries.
- Significant bonus.
- Work from home or office depending on preference.
- Flexible hours.
- Significant vacation time.
- Full health and dental benefit coverage.
Interested Candidates are asked to Apply Online
About Unified Patents
Unified Patents is a 200+ international membership organization that seeks to improve patent quality and deter unsubstantiated or invalid patent assertions in defined technology sectors (Zones) through its activities. Its actions are focused broadly in Zones with substantial assertions by Standards Essential Patents (SEP) holders and/or Non-Practicing Entities (NPEs). These actions may include analytics, prior art, invalidity contests, patentability analysis, administrative patent review (PTAB), amicus briefs, economic surveys, and essentiality studies. Unified works independently of its members to achieve its deterrence goals. Unified uses the subscription fees collected for each Zone to provide a wide range of services. Unified conducts patent analytics and provides those analytics to subscribed members. Unified also monitors ownership data, secondary-market patent sales, demand letters, post-grant procedures, and litigation to track activity and risks in each Zone. Unified also files post-grant procedures against patents it believes are unpatentable or invalid.