IPWatchdog is seeking a staff writer to assist with news coverage as we continue to expand.
We are looking for a consistent and enthusiastic staff writer to join the editorial team of IPWatchdog. The staff writer will report to the editor-in-chief. This is a remote position and can be in either a part-time or full-time capacity.
As a staff writer, you will both propose ideas for articles and accept regular assignments. Articles on IPWatchdog range from short breaking news summaries to interviews and research-driven features. The staff writer will also assist in identifying appropriate expert guest authors for certain topics.
Ultimately, you should have strong research, writing and interviewing skills. Background in legal writing and/or intellectual property is a bonus, but not required. We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, has regular availability of at least 15 hours per week, and is looking to join an exciting and rapidly expanding company.
- Stay on top of latest news in the field and propose story ideas on a weekly basis
- Write content quickly and accurately, with readers’ needs in mind
- Ensure information is accurate and objective
- Establish contacts and sources to use in future research
- Some data analysis
- Generate a minimum of 5 articles per week
- Excellent English writing skills
- Some work experience as a staff writer or reporter
- Writing samples
- Proficiency with WordPress or other back office systems is a plus
- Ability to follow strict (daily and weekly) deadlines and fact-check information
- Good observation skills
- Headline writing and SEO knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications or relevant field
- Some travel for events may be required
Interested candidates should submit a resume or CV, a list of several references, and a cover letter identifying salary requirements, including preference for full-time or part-time employment. Please send this information to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled.
U.S. applicants only please.