Micron Technology, Inc., a Fortune 500 semiconductor manufacturing company, is seeking an experienced patent attorney to serve as Patent Counsel. While initial training will be conducted at Micron’s headquarters in Boise, Idaho, the position will ultimately be located in Southeast Asia (Taiwan, China, or Singapore) and will report to Micron’s Director of Global Patent Development. Patent Counsel are responsible for developing strategic intellectual property assets within assigned technology areas and providing legal advice to Micron’s business units and engineering groups. This position requires collaboration with, and providing direction to, outside counsel throughout the patent prosecution process to ensure high-quality patents are obtained within appropriate budget constraints. This position also includes collaboration with other attorneys and professionals within Micron’s Legal Department on transactional matters, licensing and patent litigation, as needed.
- Developing and implementing patent strategies tailored for assigned business unit(s), engineering group(s) and/or technology initiatives
- Organizing and leading invention/patent harvesting activities
- Collaborating with outside patent counsel to prepare and strategically prosecute Micron patent applications within assigned portfolios
- Advising senior management and key personnel on patent matters
- Coordinating and leading patent review committees
- Running IP-related activities within joint development programs
- Identifying and developing monetization opportunities
- Driving internal education initiatives and conducting training related to patents and intellectual property
- Supporting acquisition/divestiture transactions involving intellectual property assets
- Providing other IP support as needed
- Juris Doctorate degree (or equivalent)
- Current “Patent Attorney” registration from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science undergraduate degree (or commensurate technical experience) required
- 3-5 years of experience in patent prosecution and general IP matters
- Registered and in good standing with at least one State Bar
- Ability to work independently
- Superior organization and project management skills
Interested Candidates are asked to APPLY ONLINE
About Micron Technology, Inc.
As a leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron Technology, Inc. vision is to deliver technology that is transforming how the world uses information to enrich life. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial, and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR, and 3D XPoint™ memory. These innovative solutions are built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs, and enhance communication around the world. Micron Technology’s commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. Micron conducts business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism and provides strong support to our global community.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center/Activity rooms (Boise/San Jose only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.