Global Technology Transfer (GTT) Group is seeking a Patent Analyst to assist in developing patent strategies for our clients. This is a remote-work, consultant position with the opportunity for between 10-30 hours each week.
The Patent Analyst will analyze patent claims and related materials from technological and business perspectives. Analysis must be clear, concise, and easily-understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
Duties to Include:
- Performing initial reviews on a large set of patent claims to determine which patents qualify for further review
- Identifying products and services to which a patent claim relates
- Creating claim charts to illustrate adoption of patent claims
- Performing prior art searches
- Collaborating across the organization with interdisciplinary teams
- Providing support for client presentations
- Working with startup companies to create patent development strategies
The Patent Analyst must have deep and broad knowledge of specific technology sectors, which may include semiconductors, information and communication, data storage and memory, and medical devices. The ideal candidate has an engineering background with experience in industry as well as 5-10 years of experience with patent development, prosecution, or litigation.
The candidate must be capable of working independently or with a team to handle deadlines and conflicting priorities. Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Interested Candidates are asked to submit a Resumé and Cover Letter to the attention of Andrew Sweeney and mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities Job Board.
About Global Technology Transfer (GTT) Group:
Global Technology Transfer (GTT) Group has helped clients navigate the patent landscape for over 20 years and works with startups and Global 500 companies alike. We use a multidisciplinary approach to gain insights into how best to meet each client’s objectives. We provide services related to patent analysis, monetization, acquisition, development, valuation, and more.