Conagen Inc. currently has an exciting opportunity for a patent attorney or patent agent to join their growing legal team. They are looking for a qualified, self-starter who may want to transition from law firms to a billables-free, R&D-driven environment. The position will report to the General Counsel, and will have plenty of opportunities to grow into other legal areas beyond IP. This is a full-time, permanent position located within the Greater Boston area.
Duties to Include:
- Work independently and/or with outside counsel and foreign associates on patent and trademark prosecution and maintenance matters.
- Support General Counsel, management and senior scientists to develop patent procurement and enforcement strategies.
- Guide company scientists and engineers to understand patent landscape and prepare invention disclosures.
- Develop claim strategies and draft patent applications.
- Deliver internal training on IP-related topics.
- Conduct patentability and freedom-to-operate searches.
- Draft and negotiate nondisclosure, material transfer, license agreements.
- Supervise administrative staff over docketing, records keeping, and invoice review.
- Provides legal advice in support of business development and marketing activities.
Candidate must be a registered USPTO practitioner with a B.Sc or higher in biology or other life sciences degree.
Interested Candidates are asked to send a Resume and a list of 5 patent applications drafted by the applicant as writing samples to the attention of Karen Chan.
Please mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ Job Board.
Conagen is a leader in synthetic biology. We focus on the bioproduction of high-value ingredients for food, nutrition, flavors and fragrances, pharmaceutical, and renewable materials industries. For more information, visit www.conagen.com