The Northern California offices of Squire Patton Boggs is seeking a Patent Associate with a minimum of four years of experience to join our Intellectual Property and Technology practice. Candidates should have a degree in chemistry or biochemistry with an emphasis on chemistry.
Responsibilities will include mid-level patent attorney work such as drafting, filing, and prosecuting US patent applications, managing and coordinating international patent application strategies, preparing patentability, non-infringement, and invalidity opinions, and overall intellectual property counseling.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- J.D. degree preferred; admitted by the State Bar of California and in good standing to practice in California. Must be registered and in good standing to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Patent agents will be considered.
- Candidates should possess an undergraduate degree or advanced degree in chemistry or biochemistry with an emphasis on chemistry.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- At least four years of experience practicing patent law and proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others on complex matters. Demonstrated experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications.
- Excellent communications (written and oral) and judgment are essential.
- Proven ability to independently manage a case and move it forward, but also to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be a self-starter, have the ability to prioritize workload; display good judgment, and work well under pressure.
Interested Candidates are asked to APPLY ONLINE. In order to be considered for the position, you must include either a Resume or CV, Transcripts, and Writing Samples
Please mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ Job Board.
About Squire Patton Boggs
At Squire Patton Boggs, we combine sound legal counsel with a deep knowledge of our clients’ businesses to resolve their legal challenges. We care about the quality of our services, the success of our clients, and the relationships that are forged through those successes. We advise a diverse mix of clients, from Fortune 100 and FTSE 100 corporations to emerging companies and from individuals to local and national governments. Our combination of legal and industry experience allows us to better analyze client requirements and develop the right approach for the matter at hand. Clients receive tested insight and guidance from a team that understands their needs and is able to offer tailored solutions.
With 45 offices located in 20 countries on five continents, our global legal practice is in the markets where our clients do business. We are able to deliver the seamless cross-practice, cross-border and industry-specific support that clients require for success in today’s competitive markets. We emphasize quality, efficiency, and alignment with client goals as core standards to improve continually our service delivery and the value of what we do for our clients. We encourage and manage processes and tools to improve pricing models, training and resource optimization, knowledge management, and more, all centered on our core focus – delivering the services our clients want, when and where they want them, and with the value they deserve.