Dennemeyer has been setting the standard in the IP industry for more than half a century. We are the world’s most comprehensive provider of Intellectual Property services, offering a suite of services: legal (Dennemeyer & Associates), software systems (Dennemeyer IP Solutions), and administrative and management (Dennemeyer & Co). We are growing quickly and are currently seeking a Head of Sales for the Americas region to serve as the leader for our Business Development Team. The position is remotely located but based in Dennemeyer’s Chicago office and reports to the Chicago-based Managing Director, Americas. Grow your career and challenge yourself in a supportive team environment!
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Mentor, train, and nurture talented sales professionals in new and retention business
- Develop, implement, and execute a comprehensive and aggressive sales strategy to achieve business targets in the region
- Manage sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly
- Support the sales professionals in key client presentations, maintaining relationships, negotiating and closing deals
- Continually monitor sales activity and track results, including territory and account status
- Continue to expand a data-driven culture by setting, managing, and tracking aspirational productivity and performance metrics
- Analyze and optimize sales workflows in order to drive exponential new business growth and ensure retention
- Identify new sales channels through trends and market observation to ensure leveraging opportunities
- Prepare quarterly sales management reports detailing new client wins, potential future wins as well as key performance figures of the Americas BD Team.
- Serve as liaison with product/service teams to communicate customers’ needs and help design the ideal offering
- Drive Dennemeyer brand, profile, and value proposition in line with market strategy
- Analyze and control sales team expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Design and geographically expand the Americas Sales team in order to increase market penetration
- Interact and communicate with all functional groups within the organization in pursuit of business objectives
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or JD preferred
- 7+ years selling intellectual property or legal services and software required; working knowledge of intellectual property terms and concepts preferred
- 3+ years of sales management experience, preferably in IP service provider
- History of meeting and exceeding sales targets as an individual contributor and manager
- Experience selling outsourcing solutions
- Strong analytical, organizational, and leadership skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong knowledge and experience using Salesforce as an individual user and as a managerial tool
- Working knowledge of MS Access, MS Excel, and MS Word
- Results-oriented, motivating leader with the interpersonal skills and cultural savvy to quickly establish rapport, foster trust, and lead a geographically dispersed team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present and coordinate activity with the business development teams, write responses to RFPs, and present service offerings to prospective customers
- Ability to work with customers to help define/clarify their needs and expand the scope of services provided to them
- Ability to work efficiently within a matrix organization
- Entrepreneurial, hands-on approach and comfortable leading results-driven teams
- Ability to travel and visit other Dennemeyer offices worldwide on an as-needed basis
- Knowledge of U.S. and foreign intellectual property docketing and of IP paralegal functions is preferred but not required
- Experience with IP Management systems, such as DIAMS iQ, Anaqua, CPI, FoundationIP, and/or Memotech is preferred
What is Offered:
- A leading role in a dynamic, fast-growing organization
- A multi-cultural, multi-national, collaborative, team-oriented, and creative working atmosphere
- Highly competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours
- A friendly, welcoming working atmosphere in which sharing ideas and mutual respect are valued
- Medical insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Detail Insurance
- 401 (k)
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Disability Insurance
Join a Global Leader
If you match our profile and are looking for a new and interesting challenge, please apply with your resume AND salary requirement.
Interested Candidates are asked to Apply Online.
Please mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ Job Board.
Over more than 55 years, Dennemeyer’s global presence has developed into more than 20 offices on all continents. Since 1962, we have continued to open offices to better serve our customers. We believe that our customers deserve the best representation wherever they want to protect their IP; in their language and in their time zone.
Image Source: Deposit Photos
Image ID: 67048181_l-2015