At Stout, we’re dedicated to exceeding expectations in all we do – we call it Relentless Excellence(SM). Both our client service and culture are second to none, stemming from our firmwide embrace of our core values: Positive and Team-Oriented, Accountable, Committed, Relationship-Focused, Super-Responsive, and being Great communicators. Sound like a place you can grow and succeed? Read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity to join our team.
We are looking to hire a Full-time, Temporary Senior Patent Advisor.
This experienced professional will be responsible for patent analysis in association with Stout’s IP Advisory & Transactions team. The ideal candidate will have strong patent licensing experience and be responsible for leading patent portfolio reviews and claim chart development. In addition to overseeing all aspects of the IP Advisory & Transactions team’s patent analysis, you will work closely with the team’s business development leader to identify new opportunities and advisory and transaction leaders to drive execution by categorizing patent portfolios, identifying high value patents, and creating and defending evidence of use charts. The location for this position is flexible. Potential to transition to a full-time opportunity in the future.
- Technical degree in computer science, physics, mathematics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or computer engineering
- At least 5 years of experience including patent licensing experience
- Ability to focus on diverse Intellectual Property projects with rapidly changing priorities
- Strong technical experience with both hardware and software
- Extensive experience drafting patent claim charts
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex concepts and issues effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly and collaboratively under tight deadlines to meet established deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to read and understand patents and license agreements
- Registration before the USPTO
- JD degree
- Experience negotiating patent license and assignment agreements
- Experience in a patent licensing organization
- Semiconductor industry experience
Keys to Success:
- Building collaborative relationships
- Decision making
- Drive results
- Foster innovation
- Personal energy
Interested candidates are asked to Apply Online with your resume/CV.
Please mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ Job Board.
Stout is a global investment bank and advisory firm specializing in corporate finance, valuation, financial disputes, and investigations. We serve a range of clients, from public corporations to privately held companies in numerous industries. Our clients and their advisors rely on our premier expertise, deep industry knowledge, and unparalleled responsiveness on complex matters. Stout has taken large strides to ensure that excellence comes from within our firm. Our people make us the great company that we are, and the exceptional service we provide clients is directly related to how we serve our own employees. In turn, Stout fosters a culture that allows employees to grow personally and professionally. The commitment to our values is reflected in the firm’s rich history and has helped us grow to where we are today.