The Alfred Mann Foundation is searching for an experienced Patent Agent who can work on-site in their Los Angeles area corporate headquarters.
This is a full-time, permanent position, in Valencia, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Identifies, documents, protects, and maintains AMF’s Intellectual Property.
- Conducts prior art, patent landscape, freedom to operate and clearance searches.
- Manages patent prosecution with outside U. S. and foreign counsel.
- Prepares and files in-house patent applications.
- Assists in licensing and development by updating AMF’s current patent data.Assists R&D and Management in identifying promising or threatening technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Physics with 2-4 years of patent application preparation and patent prosecution experience.
- Degree or background in electrical engineering is preferred.
- Some work experience, especially in the medical device industry would be a plus, but not required.
- Must be registered as a Patent Agent to practice in front of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume via email to the Executive Recruiter, Pat Jacobs.
Please mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ Job Board.
Learn more about Alfred Mann Foundation:
Alfred Mann established the Alfred Mann Foundation in 1985 to bridge basic research in medicine and to create products that filled unmet and poorly met needs. During these intervening years AMF has advanced many new technologies, fulfilling Mr. Mann’s visions for improving the lives of people in need. AMF was established with a mandate to develop medical technologies that will be made accessible to the public.