Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery is seeking an attorney with 4 to 7 years of experience who is interested in honing and expanding their skills and practice.
Duties include assisting with all aspects of discovery and pretrial procedures, including due diligence; legal research; drafting and responding to written discovery; managing document production and review, including all aspects of electronic discovery; deposition preparation; and discovery motion practice, among other things.
This is a full-time, permanent position in Chicago, IL.
- Juris Doctor degree and membership in good standing in at least one state bar (IL preferred)
- Minimum of four years of experience practicing, managing, or leading IP litigation matters at a law firm, preferably patent litigation
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills
- Experience planning, drafting, and reviewing pleadings and written discovery
- Familiarity with managing electronic discovery, including managing document collections and vendors, is a plus.
- Experience with depositions, motion practice, and handling oral arguments is a strong plus. Trial experience is particularly beneficial.
- Outstanding academic credentials. A technical degree is preferred but not required, particularly if candidate has significant substantive litigation experience.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their cover letter, resume, technical writing sample, and law school and undergraduate transcripts via email to the Recruiting Coordinator, Jennifer Pezan.
Please mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ Job Board.
About Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP:
Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery LLP (Fitch Even) is an intellectual property firm with a global reach. Originating in the Windy City, the firm has established offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, and Washington, DC, as well as opportunities for remote work.
By focusing only on intellectual property matters, Fitch Even offers clients the high level of technical competence and legal skills needed in this increasingly complex area of the law, along with a tradition of providing outstanding, personalized client service that continues to this day.