At Geltor we design award-winning ingredients for the world’s biggest consumer product companies. Geltor is looking for a Senior Patent Agent to join our team.
The Senior Patent Agent will join a newly formed legal team, serving as a champion of intellectual property at the organization. This key role offers the opportunity for an ownership- minded patent agent to apply their passion for science in a meaningful and impactful way, driving commercial success by building a foundational patent portfolio. This position will be trusted to serve as the primary point of contact for our patent portfolio as both process owner and technical liaison. This role will report to Associate General Counsel.
This is a full-time, permanent position in San Leandro, CA.
- Prepare and prosecute high-quality patent applications together with outside counsel as the primary internal patent portfolio manager
- Scout and drive patentable inventions through regular interactions with technical teams
- Perform patentability and FTO searches in support of R&D and business development teams
- Build knowledge base and establish ongoing monitoring of competitor patent portfolios
- Perform IP landscape surveys in support of current and future product opportunities
- Acquire a deep technical understanding of the R&D together with the business goals, and help formulate appropriate IP strategies to protect innovations
- Provide education and guidance regarding patent matters across the organization
- Lead by example, champion Geltor, and uphold company values
- Advanced degree in life sciences, molecular biology, and related fields, Ph.D. preferred
- Admitted to practice before the USPTO
- Strong patent prosecution experience in a biotechnology industry IP/legal department
- Demonstrated independent function and oversight over invention harvesting, pertinent filings, deadlines, and workflows
- Command of both US and international patent rules and practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, including executive leadership, R&D, Commercial, Regulatory, Legal, and third-party contacts
- Superior attention to detail and sense of client service
- Creative problem-solving skills and initiative, flexibility, and ability to work independently
- Cultural and emotional intelligence to develop and nurture collaborative relationships in a diverse environment with global reach
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to Geltor’s mission
Interested Candidates are asked to Apply Online with their resume and cover letter (optional).
Please mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ Job Board.
Geltor is the conscious biodesign company creating the world’s most advanced designer proteins. We start by imagining and deeply exploring nature’s tree of life and combine biology, protein optimization, and fermentation to create sustainable, high-performance consumer proteins with optimal functionality and benefits. These proteins are 100% animal- and GMO-free, globally scalable, and sustainably cultivated. Geltor’s products are the result of endless curiosity and ceaseless optimization, clinically demonstrated for high performance.
We work with results-oriented, forward-thinking manufacturers and consumer brands with global scale in the beauty, nutraceuticals, and food/beverage sectors who desire highly-differentiated, 100% animal-free and sustainable, science-based ingredient technologies.