Muncy, Geissler, Olds & Lowe, P.C., located in Fairfax, VA, is seeking a registered Patent Attorney/Agent with 2+ years of experience.
This associate will have the opportunity to work (remotely or onsite in Fairfax, VA) on a variety of patent prosecution projects. MG-IP offers opportunities for advancement within a collegial and dynamic environment, competitive salary, excellent benefits, and remote work opportunities. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- 2+ years of patent prosecution experience as a registered patent attorney or patent agent is required, 5+ years of patent prosecution experience preferred or equivalent work as an Examiner at the USPTO.
- Active patent bar registration.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Strong writing and patent drafting skills.
Technology areas of particular interest:
- Telecommunications (5G experience preferred)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Batteries / Electric vehicles / Autonomous Vehicles
Interested Candidates are asked to Apply Online and submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Law school transcript
- Dates and Registration number(s) for the USPTO and any state bar
- Patent prosecution writing samples (preferably, 2+ published U.S. Patent Applications that you have personally drafted and which have published in the previous 2 years, and 2+ Office Action responses that you have personally drafted).
Please mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ Job Board.
About Muncy, Geissler, Olds & Lowe, P.C.:
Muncy, Geissler, Olds & Lowe, P.C., a growing top 20 IP firm, provides client counseling in the field of intellectual property law. Most of our attorneys have science or technical degrees, and many have experience working in the industry. In addition, a number of our attorneys worked as patent examiners at the United States Patent and Trademark Office before practicing law.
We provide legal services to large domestic and foreign corporations and to a wide range of mid-sized and start-up organizations. Our technical, business and legal experience allow us to assist our clients in obtaining protection for their intellectual property in an efficient and cost-effective manner.