PCK Intellectual Property, an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment for all employees and job applicants, is seeking a remote independent contractor to fill a Patent Agent or Attorney position. This is a permanent, remote, part-time position. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Drafting and prosecuting patent applications.
- Preparing patentability, freedom to operate, and validity opinions.
- Managing client intellectual property portfolios.
- Client counseling on matters related to intellectual property business issues.
- Coordinating cross-border practice issues between US and CDN offices of the firm.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned.
Please note: This is not a litigation position.
- DC call is preferred but not required.
- Experience as a Trademark attorney is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent originating patent drafting experience. Extensive patent prosecution experience before the USPTO. International prosecution experience before European, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese patent offices is preferred.
- Licensing experience is an asset but not required.
- Technical background in electronics and software (successful completion of a degree in Engineering or relevant technical field).
- Capacity and willingness to assist in the growth of the firm.
- Works directly with clients, appreciates the importance of client service, enjoys challenging work, and has a strong work ethic.
- Strong time management skills, organized, accountable with analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Assisting with mentoring and supervision of patent agent trainees.
- Extremely comfortable with teleworking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to structure information clearly, concisely, and logically.
- Attention to detail and process.
- Desire and preference to work from home with a strong technical capability to keep in touch remotely and a desire for periodic travel.
- Ability to travel to clients and conferences within the continental US and possibly overseas up to 4 times per year.
- Tech-savvy, able to learn new programs. This is a teleworking position.
- Able to commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Periodic travel to Toronto up to 4 times per year.
- Ability to work autonomously and collaborate with associates and support team collegially and efficiently.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their resumes via email to the Human Resources Director, Yasmeen Palmas. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ Job Board.
About PCK Intellectual Property:
PCK is a leading intellectual property practice. PCK supports a broad range of IP services with a particular focus on the preparation and filing of patent and trademark applications around the globe. PCK is the only cross-border boutique IP firm in North America, with offices in Toronto and Boston and satellite offices in Waterloo and Washington DC. We draft originating patent applications for a range of clients including several of the world’s largest technology companies as well as mid-size and start-up companies. Our professionals include seasoned patent agents, trademark agents, and general counsel with experience across a broad range of industries and technologies.
PCK has a friendly working environment and a loyal client base. We have a state-of-the-art technology platform, is a paperless firm, has workflow and billing engines and an AI engine for automatically docketing correspondence. We are committed to continuous investment and improvement.
For each client, we tailor the right combination of professionals and technology to meet their specific needs. Having the above reputation starts with having an incredible team and we foster an environment where the staff knows they are appreciated, and their well-being and happiness are of paramount importance to the PCK Team.