IFF is seeking an experienced, dynamic person to join the Intellectual Property/Knowledge Management group as a Patent Analyst/Searcher.
It’s an exciting time to be part of IFF and we have an opportunity for an experienced, dynamic person to join the Intellectual Property/Knowledge Management (IPKM) group as a Patent Analyst/Searcher. The position requires a creative, inquisitive, and technologically adept individual who will work closely with R&D and legal teams to drive and support global Intellectual Property and Technology Platform development for research projects.
This is a full-time, permanent position in Wilmington, DE, or Union Beach, NJ. This position can have a flexible schedule, working onsite occasionally at either our Wilmington, DE, or Union Beach, NJ locations.
- Conducting IP searches based on complex search strategies using various search engines for landscape analysis, prior art identification, FTO clearance, invalidity and providing a logical and complete search history
- Leading the analysis of identified new technology and market opportunities and developing recommendations on those opportunities in collaboration with project teams
- Integrating IP planning, strategy, and goals into the early stages of projects and ensuring that these plans stay relevant and are followed through until end of project
- Creating a robust intellectual capital culture, ensuring teams are aware of IP strategy, positions, tools and their roles/responsibilities for creating, defending, and managing IP
- Maintaining proficiency with commercial patent searching databases
- A passion for intellectual capital strategy
- B.S. degree in one of the following areas: biotechnology, biological science, molecular biology, microbiology, human physiology, food chemistry, or biochemistry (Masters degree a plus)
- 6 years of search experience in Biotechnology or Chemistry IP
- Technical understanding of the invention disclosure and identification of search focus to develop a highly skilled search methodology
- Ability to work independently, across multiple geographies, prioritize work/projects, and seamlessly pivot when necessary
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with attention to detail
- Good influencing and coaching skills to drive team alignment of goals and accountabilities to meet IP and business objectives
- Commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance
- Team player with highly organized time management and problem-solving skills to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, OneNote, OneDrive
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Interested candidates are asked to Apply Online with their resume/CV.
Please mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ Job Board.
An industry leader in food, beverage, health, biosciences and sensorial experiences, IFF creates essential solutions – from global icons to unexpected innovations and experiences. Equal parts outspoken and analytical, IFF’s international collective of thinkers working with customers to bring scents, tastes, experiences, ingredients and solutions for products people crave.
With more than 110 manufacturing facilities, 100 R&D centers, and 33,000 customers across the world, IFF is poised to make a difference on an unprecedented scale. Without IFF’s boundary-pushing passion and end-to-end expertise, the future wouldn’t be the same.
Visit www.iff.com to learn more about how IFF’s talented people and new technology are challenging the expected, championing creators and doing more good for people and planet.