Troutman Pepper is Seeking an IP Services Assistant for their offices located in Philadelphia, New York, and Atlanta.
Troutman Pepper develops and implements global protection and commercialization strategies for clients with intellectual property assets in virtually all industry areas. Our nationally ranked team provides counsel on the development, acquisition, management, and monetization of a company’s most important assets: their intellectual property. We help our clients bring their groundbreaking advancements to market across many disciplines. As former inventors and researchers ourselves, we provide a unique understanding of the critical role innovators play within an organization. This enables us to work side by side with them to help their ideas become the next game-changer.
We are always seeking talented, motivated, growth-minded, and creative individuals. Our firm is committed to providing employee support and advancement, while embracing inclusion and innovation as keys to a stronger future. We invite you to explore the position below and to submit your application to join our team.
The IP Services Assistant is a full-time, regular position with an annual billable requirement. There are openings in our Philadelphia, New York, and Atlanta offices.
- Monitor and follow-up on dates associated with the US and foreign docket, including clearing dates and providing follow-up with attorneys, clients and management in order to provide adequate time to respond.
- Assist with preparation of a variety of routine correspondence such as client reporting letters, reminders, reports, and other patent-specific documents required by attorneys or other professional specialists.
- File applications, extensions, and renewals with the USPTO and other duties as assigned;
- Utilize USPTO and other related government agency electronic resources effectively.
- Track and record client-billable time as required meeting minimum billable hour requirements.
Other duties and necessary skills are described in our job description.
- ABA approved paralegal certificate or BA/BS Degree desired.
- Minimum one (1) to three (3) years of patent prosecution and/or trademark experience.
International experience is helpful.
Interested candidates are asked to Apply Online with their resumes.
Please mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ Job Board.
About Troutman Pepper:
Troutman Pepper is a national law firm with more than 1,200 attorneys strategically located in 23 U.S. cities. The firm’s litigation, transactional, and regulatory practices advise a diverse client base, from startups to multinational enterprises. The firm provides sophisticated legal solutions to clients’ most pressing business challenges, with depth across industry sectors, including energy, financial services, health sciences, insurance, and private equity, among others. Learn more at troutman.com.