Hanley, Flight & Zimmerman is looking for patent attorneys to join their team.
This is a full-time, permanent position in Chicago, IL, or remote.
HFZ ranked 2nd among Chicago headquartered law firms in 2021 domestic patent issuances. HFZ represents clients in a wide variety of areas including electronics, software, Internet, e-commerce, artificial intelligence, automotive, aerospace, medical devices, and consumer goods.
Benefits of Working with HFZ:
- Strong mentorship program in a team-focused environment.
- Open-door Policy allowing easy access to senior attorneys for feedback, training and career development opportunities.
- Exposure to a wide variety of technologies and clients, including Fortune 500 companies.
- In office, fully remote, and/or hybrid work available for qualified candidates.
- Competitive compensation, 401K plan, and strong benefits package.
Hanley, Flight & Zimmerman, LLC is committed to diversity as a core value of the firm. HFZ is an Equal Opportunity/ M/F/Vet/Disabled Employer.
- Patent Preparation and Prosecution
- Patent Drafting
- Response to Office Actions
- Collaborating with Senior Attorney Team in the timely and effective development of patent preparation, prosecution, and counseling
- One or more years of patent prosecution experience.
- Excellent academic credentials in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume, law and engineering transcripts, cover letter, and if available, a writing sample of a published patent or office action response to the Patent Associate Attorney – Experienced Opportunity posted on HFZ’s website or via email to the Recruitment Manager, Bill O’Connor.
Please mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ Job Board.
About Hanley, Flight & Zimmerman, LLC:
HFZ is a two-decade old patent firm that specializes in delivering top quality patent prosecution and counseling services to numerous Fortune 500 companies and global technology leaders. With our team of excellent patent attorneys and dedicated professional staff, we deliver exceptional patent prosecution and portfolio management services to our diverse clientele. We thrive in an inclusive environment that provides ongoing mentorship for the career development of our team members. We offer a dynamic team-focused work environment, excellent work/life balance, an Open Door Policy allowing easy access to Senior Attorneys and Managing Partners, and a competitive benefits package.