The Department of the Air Force, Air Force Materiel Command Law Office is Seeking a Seasoned Patent Attorney.
The Department of the Air Force, Air Force Materiel Command Law Office is seeking a seasoned patent attorney with strong technical skills in electrical engineering. This full-time position is located at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, Ohio with teleworking options available.
We are interested in candidates with 3+ years of experience in drafting and prosecuting patent applications. Qualified candidates must be U.S. citizens and may be required to qualify for a security clearance. Male candidates must be registered for Selective Service.
Candidates must be able to timely and independently negotiate, prepare, file, and prosecute legal instruments and documents, including: patent applications; patent interference proceedings; infringement investigations; patent appeals; T2 and related agreements; Invention Secrecy Act (ISA) orders and related applications; and patent, trademark, copyright, and technical data agreements and claims.
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
NOTICE OF VETERANS’ PREFERENCE: There is no formal rating system for applying veterans’ preference to attorney appointments in the excepted service; however, the Department of Defense considers veterans’ preference eligibility a positive factor for attorney hiring. Applicants eligible for veterans’ preference must include that information in their cover letter or resume and attach supporting documentation. NOTE: Applicants for attorney appointments do not require veterans’ preference in order to be eligible for consideration.
- Active status with a bar of the highest court of a State, U.S. commonwealth, U.S. territory, or the District of Columbia
- Registration with the USPTO
- 3+ years of patent preparation and prosecution experience in electrical engineering technologies
- Undergraduate or graduate education in Electrical Engineering
- Must be a U.S. citizen; male must be registered for Selective Service
- Must be eligible to hold a security clearance
- May be subject to random drug testing
- Must complete an OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report upon appointment and annually thereafter
- Will be subject to a supervisory probationary period of one year under AcqDemo
- Have direct deposit
Interested candidates are asked to apply online. Link to posting: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/661425800. The posting will close on 7 July 2022.
The job will be posted at usajobs.gov for a period of 10 days (start date to be determined). Applications are accepted via USAJobs only, and you will be required to produce the following documents. Incomplete fulfillment of all elements will result in your application not being evaluated.
- Completed online questionnaire
- Resume: Non-Federal employees must include dates of employment (month/year to month/year). Federal employees must include pay plan, series, and grade. Current Federal Civilian Employees should list any relevant performance related rating (given within the last three years) and/or incentive awards in your resume. Do NOT include photographs (or links to social media such as LinkedIn), inappropriate material, inappropriate content, nor personal information such as age, gender, religion, social security number, etc., on your resume.
- Transcripts: Copies of undergraduate, graduate, and law school transcripts
- Bar Registrations: Certificate of good standing dated within 4 months of application
- Veterans: If claiming 30% Disabled Veteran or Veteran’s Preference – Submit VOW certification memo or copy of the official DD-Form 214, which must include the character of service (i.e., with an honorable or general discharge). This will be annotated in block 24 on member copy 2, 4, or 7 of the DD-Form 214. If claiming 30% Disabled Veteran, you must also submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces. NOTE: All veterans claiming 10-point preference must also submit a SF-15.
Please mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ Job Board.
About Air Force Materiel Command:
Headquartered at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, the Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC) manages installation and mission support, discovery and development, test and evaluation, and life cycle management services and sustainment for every major Air Force weapon system. AFMC employs nearly 89,000 military and civilian Airmen and manages $67 billion of budget authority.