Nexsen Pruet is seeking a highly motivated Intellectual Property Associate to join its growing IP Practice Group.
Nexsen Pruet is seeking a highly motivated Intellectual Property Associate (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science) to join its growing Intellectual Property Practice Group in any of its Office Locations (South Carolina or North Carolina).
This is an exceptional opportunity for candidates seeking a high level of responsibility in a progressive law firm environment. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- A minimum of 2 years of Intellectual Property Experience at a firm or in-house
- Experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications through the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in foreign jurisdictions
- Bachelors or commensurate technical experience in mechanical, electrical, computer or software engineering
- Active membership in a state bar and a registration number
- Trademark prosecution and TTAB experience
- IP Litigation technical support and PTAB experience
- Superior writing skills and academic credentials
- Commitment to excellent client service
- Enthusiastic about working within a team-oriented environment
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter, resume, salary history, and transcript via email to the Recruitment and Professional Development Manager, Summer Winslow.
Please mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ Job Board.
About Nexsen Pruet :
At Nexsen Pruet, we are focused on our clients, our people, and our communities. Our approach to service encompasses a spirit of collaboration and innovation that only happens when relationships are built on mutual understanding and shared expectations.
Nexsen Pruet professionals serve clients in multiple industries and areas of practice, but we know our work plays a larger role in our region. Our attorneys work tirelessly to understand our clients’ goals and help them succeed. We know that successful business can build thriving communities, and we are honored to play a role in that process.
Within Nexsen Pruet are former judges, elected officials and legislators, as well as former state government officials and agency heads, including three former Directors of South Carolina’s taxing agency, a former Secretary of the North Carolina Department of Commerce, a Board member for the largest economic development trade association in South Carolina, a former CEO of the Charleston County Aviation Authority, and three former attorneys from South Carolina’s environmental permitting agency.
Along with the law firm’s robust legal team, NP Strategy, a wholly owned subsidiary of Nexsen Pruet, provides strategic communications support to many Nexsen Pruet clients. Led by a former journalist, the “NPS” team works with companies to secure positive media coverage, craft proactive messaging, and ensure an online presence that accurately communicates a company’s brand and level of sophistication.
Technology Solutions for Legal Challenges
Nextra Solutions provides end-to-end eDiscovery and comprehensive Information Technology security and management services to help your organization succeed.
- Start-to-finish eDiscovery projects
- Protect and secure information
- Improve internal processes
- Deploy technology to accomplish goals