Jones Day is seeking a Trademark Assistant for their New York City office.
Jones Day is seeking a Trademark Assistant for their New York City office/team to be responsible for preparing and filing trademark applications via the USPTO and the Madrid Protocol (+ draft instructions to foreign counsel for filing of trademark applications). Successful candidates will demonstrate experience in these areas. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and filing electronic prosecution and maintenance documents in the USPTO including responses to office actions, statements of use, extensions of time, petitions to divide, renewal applications, declarations of use, declarations of incontestability, excusable nonuse declarations, and any other related trademark filings.
- Supporting firm attorneys in connection with client trademark portfolios and preparing trademark portfolio reports/charts based on Firm database software and managing Firm docket/monitoring U.S. and foreign trademark deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 5+ years of intellectual property experience working as a trademark paralegal supporting a trademark practice; law firm experience preferred.
• Excellent research and writing skills; excellent understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and iManage.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with attorneys and support staff at every level.
• Proficient with png and jpeg images.
• Preferred supervisory experience in an administrative capacity supporting a trademark practice.
• Strong knowledge of U.S. trademark prosecution procedures and trademark office rules and forms, trademark treaties, and foreign trademark prosecution requirements.
Interested candidates are asked to Apply Online with their resume and application.
Please mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ Job Board.
Being fully vaccinated for COVID-19, as defined by the Order of the New York City Commissioner of Health, is required to work in the Jones Day’s New York Office.
Individuals may seek an exemption based on medical or religious reasons, which Jones Day will take into consideration.
About Jones Day:
Jones Day is a global law firm with more than 2,500 lawyers in 42 offices across five continents. The Firm is distinguished by formidable legal talent across multiple disciplines and shared professional values that focus on client needs. Clients single out Jones Day for providing the strongest teams possible, staffed from across the firm. We are committed to recruiting and retaining highly qualified diverse talent.