Intellectual property rights play a large and growing role in the beauty industry, whether it relates to fashion design or cosmetics. Both industries face the omnipresent threat presented by counterfeiters, and both industries face gray market and first sale issues as well.
Join Gene Quinn, founder and publisher of IPWathdog.com, on Monday, December 3, 2018, atcosmetic 12pm EST, for a wide-ranging discussion of the intellectual property issues affecting the fashion industry and cosmetic industry. Joining Gene will be Flann Lippincott, an intellectual property attorney who focuses her practice on art & design, and business & branding.
In addition to taking your questions, this webinar will discuss:
- Are patents necessary for those in the fashion and cosmetic industries?
- How do you make your cosmetics trademark noticeable, but legal?
- The real-world impact to the industry of the Supreme Court’s decision in Star Athletica, LLC v. Varsity Brands
- Fighting counterfeits: Innovative strategies to combat global counterfeiters
- Gray Market and the First Sale Doctrine: Can you limit control once released into the stream of commerce?