The value of a patent, for better or worse, is related to the likelihood that it could be successfully defended against challenges. In the past it was believed that there was safety in numbers. Today, higher quality patents are strategically preferable to collecting as many patents as possible.
The requirements of 112 have become the linchpin in modern patent practice. Whether you are trying to define an improvement over the prior art to satisfy the Alice-Mayo patent eligibility test, or you need to carefully describe an innovation to overcome obviousness hurdles, filing a well-crafted, completed and vetted specification is mandatory.
Join us on February 22 at 12:00 PM ET for a free webinar where we will discuss best practices for filing a robust application to avoid 112 rejections and associated problems. We will specifically examine:
- Indefiniteness: Nautilus (SCOTUS standard) versus In re Packard (USPTO standard)
- Identifying and Interpreting 112(f) means plus function limitations
- Alternative and Negative Limitations
- Relational and Exemplary Language
- Numerical Ranges and Amount Limitations
Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 12pm ET
Sponsored by LexisNexis IP Solutions