Hypertherm and Questel Free Knowledge Sharing Webinar
“Best Practices: How to Better Manage Your Patent Renewals and Cost Forecasting Activities”
March 15, 2017 2PM-3PM EST
Portfolio pruning and optimization are processes to reduce the abundant waste in many companies’ patent investments and patent balance sheets. Optimizing portfolios and forecasting costs requires continual review and diligence – particularly as technologies and business offerings change over time. In order to achieve a winning competitive advantage, a carefully planned and organized strategy is the key that leads to exponential improvements in R&D and patent investments.
Our guest speaker, Mr. Brett Hansen, Corporate IP Counsel at Hypertherm, Inc., will share his knowledge and experience pruning Hypertherm’s portfolio, managing renewals and cost forecasting as a case study. Mr. Roger Gobrogge, Managing Director of ITIP ProFiciency and former Head of IP for Rolls-Royce and General Patent Counsel at Dow Corning, will share tips and experiences managing a large IP portfolio and what it takes to make the right management decisions.
In this webinar, you will learn the best practices for companies with both medium and large patent portfolios on how to align IP with financial and business goals; from invention disclosures to renewal decisions. Presenters will talk about the topics such as:
– How to make decisions whether to abandon or renew patents
– How to avoid portfolio misalignment
– How to conduct cost forecasting on new patent filings and renewals
– Qualifications required to manage a patent portfolio and make a positive impact
– Tips on how to make effective pruning/maintenance decisions utilizing data and tools
– How Hypertherm utilizes Orbit Intelligent and Asset to conduct portfolio pruning and save cost
REGISTER NOW! goo.gl/T8ggbO
Corporate IP Counsel
Team Lead – Sales Engineer