Since 2015, the Patent Court of Korea has organized the International IP Court Conference, a forum for discussions on key issues in international patent litigation, each year by inviting judges of IP courts from five leading IP countries (U.S., EU, China, Japan, and Korea).
By bringing together renowned specialized intellectual property judges and experts from around the world to engage in in-depth discussion on various topics as well as to present the vision for the advancement of patent litigation system and the role of patent courts, the conference developed an unparalleled position in the world.
Overview of the conference
Date: Wed, October 16 – Thu, October 17, 2019
City, Country: Seoul, Korea
Venue: Lotte City Hotel Daejeon, Korea / Patent Court of Korea
Theme: COURT, IP and FAIRNESS
- William ALSUP: District Judge, United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- Leonard STARK: Chief Judge, United States District Court for the District of Delaware
- Toshihiko TSURUOKA: Presiding judge, Intellectual Property High Court of Japan
- Hong LIU: Judge, Guangzhou Intellectual Property Court, China
- Frits BONTEKOE: Legal Counsel, WIPO(World Intellectual Property Organization)
Goal of this year
Organization of mock trials for the first time to conduct comparative examination on proper exercise and protection of patents, trademark rights and intellectual property rights, as well as discussions on practical measures based on the trials.