The interface between claim scope and sufficiency has increasingly come under the spotlight in recent years. When can a broad claim be justified as providing legitimate protection for a principle of general application, and when should such a claim fall for lack of sufficiency? In this webinar, we will review the key EPO and UK cases in this field and further consider to what extent the recent UK Supreme Court decision in Regeneron v Kymab moves the dial in this regard.
Topics will include:
- Review of key UK and EPO cases in this field
- Regeneron v Kymab from the UK Supreme Court – does the legal test change?
- Recent cases applying Regeneron v Kymab
This is a technical webinar aimed at:
- In-house IP practitioners working in the biotechnology and chemical fields
- Practitioners having an interest in EPO procedure
- Attorneys involved in drafting, prosecuting and advising on patents at the EPO
- Attorneys interested in attacking patents at the EPO
This webinar is available live and on-demand. If you cannot watch it live, register now anyway and watch at a time convenient to you.
Ravi Srinivasan – Partner, European and UK Patent Attorney, Litigator – J A Kemp
Chris Milton – Partner, European and UK Patent Attorney – J A Kemp