The U.S. Supreme Court has spoken, the PTAB lives! Are you ready for the uncertainties injected into PTAB proceedings by the Court’s Oil States and SAS Institute opinions? What other constitutional hurdles may lie in wait for the PTAB after Oil States? Practitioners and stakeholders alike will need to navigate the aftermath of SAS Institute now. Important questions abound:
- What happens in ongoing PTAB trials of partially instituted cases?
- Will more briefing be permitted by the PTAB in ongoing cases? Will there be additional discovery, hearings?
- How will petition practice change after SAS Institute?
- What does SAS Institute mean for different petition grounds?
- What does the SAS Institute change in institution decision practices mean for patent monetization strategy?
Our distinguished panel will provide an overview of the opinions and then tackle these complex practice issues and more. Please join Scott A. McKeown of Ropes & Gray LLP; Robert Greene Sterne of Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox, P.L.L.C.; and Eugene M. Paige of Keker, Van Nest & Peters LLP for the upcoming One-Hour Briefing. And don’t miss PLI’s full day program USPTO Post-Grant Patent Trials 2018: Change & Recalibration.