Sufficiency is an area of law that increasingly gives rise to difficulties for patentees and applicants. Whilst some years ago a successful challenge for lack of sufficiency was a rare event, increasingly the EPO is finding a lack of validity under this ground. In this webinar, we will consider the law surrounding sufficiency in particular in relation to the biotechnology and chemical fields. We will also consider strategies which can be used by those on both sides of the sufficiency debate.
Topics will include:
- Sufficiency and breadth of claim
- How sufficiency is considered in respect of medical use claims
- The relevance of sufficiency to claims defined with parameters
- The relationship between sufficiency and clarity
This is a technical webinar aimed at:
- In-house IP practitioners working in the biotechnology and chemical fields
- Practitioners having an interest in EPO procedure
- Attorneys involved in drafting, prosecuting and advising on patents at the EPO
- Attorneys interested in attacking patents at the EPO
Can’t make this time? Sign up anyway and watch on-demand at a time convenient to you.