Raymond Hegarty coaches CEOs and CFOs of growth-stage firms to create and execute global intellectual property strategies with a focus on scaling and attracting investment. He is the author of 3 global IP strategy bestsellers: “IP Fantasia”, “Billion Dollar IP Strategy” and “Intellectual Property for Executives”.
Raymond Hegarty specializes in building alliances, innovation ecosystems and a new asset class with global impact. He is the expert adviser to European Commission, OECD and national governments on IP strategy and innovation policy. He managed billions of dollars of patent and trademark transactions and signed over 60 IP licensing agreements in China.
Raymond Hegarty has experience in working in American, European and Asian business environments at director/board/CEO level in Ireland, Luxembourg and Japan.
Triple qualified – legal, technical and commercial academic qualifications. Built 5 successful FDI startups for international corporations in Ireland with reliable local substance.
IoT pioneer. AI, machine learning, telematics, VR, AR, blockchain. Expert on large-scale patent and trademark licensing.
• Intellectual property investment, technology transfer, patents, trademarks and trade secret protection
• Strategy formulation and business planning
• Patent and trademark commercialization success in USA, Europe, China, Korea, Japan, Australia, etc.
• M&A, due diligence, post-acquisition integration and operational excellence
• FDI startup, execution and scaling
• OECD BEPS, DEMPE functionality, governance and execution
Described by Steve Forbes, Editor in Chief Forbes Magazine, as a “delightful entrepreneur.”
Media presence – TV and conference speaker.
Spoken French, German and Japanese (fluent). Learning Mandarin Chinese.
Check back soon for more articles by Raymond Hegarty