Clifford Chance Germany adds experienced patent attorney to its global Intellectual Property practice and Tech team.
Ronny Amirsehhi, the highly respected expert in patent law, joined Clifford Chance’s Intellectual Property practice on November 1st as counsel in its Dusseldorf office.
Ronny brings more than 16 years of experience with prosecuting and litigating patents before the European Patent Office (EPO), United States Patent Office (USPTO), the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), and European national courts. In addition, to being dual qualified before the EPO and the USPTO, he has a diploma in patent litigation in Europe from CEIPI and has a Master of Laws in intellectual property. Although Ronny has a Bioengineering-Chemistry background, throughout his career he successfully has represented clients in various technical fields including Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, medical devices, computer technology, Internet of Things, and cryptography.
At Clifford Chance, Ronny will be the choice for clients with respect to their most challenging patent disputes in opposition and appeal proceedings before the European Patent Office. Ronny will together with IP partner Dr. Claudia Milbradt and all other IP partners and counsels of the global network further strengthen and expand Clifford Chance’s patent litigation practice.
Dr. Claudia Milbradt, IP partner and Head of Tech Group Germany at Clifford Chance:
Our strategy of providing integrated multidisciplinary advice on tech issues has been very well received by clients and has filled a real gap in the market. These issues are also becoming increasingly important for investors and the private equity sector. This is therefore an area we are keen to pursue and we are in the process of expanding our strategic tech advice and tech patent litigation in particular. Ronny Amirsehhi is an excellent addition to our German and European team, in terms of both expertise and personality.
I am extremely excited to be able to join a firm with such a high-quality legal team. Their vision of an integrated multi-jurisdictional and multi-disciplinary law firm, as well as their commitment to diversity and mentoring is something I share. I welcome the opportunity to contribute to the firm’s patent practice growth. I look forward to working with colleagues from across the firm.
Some of his recent representative matters include:
- Representing a global manufacturer of products related to agriculture, food, and engineered materials in opposition proceedings. Providing (non) infringement analysis and opinion for U.S. and European proceedings*
- Representing specialty chemicals companies in opposition proceedings before the European Patent Office*
- Representing an American Fortune 500 multinational corporation and technology company. Performing validity and infringement analysis for a number of patents related to semiconductor chips for proceedings before various European national courts*
- Representing developer and manufacturer of integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and biological function*
- Performing invalidity opinion for a European national court proceeding.
- Representing one of the largest suppliers of photolithography systems for semiconductor industry*
- Performing invalidity and non-infringement analysis for a number of patents for proceedings before a European national court*
- Representing market leader in developing conditional access systems for digital cable and satellite television*
* Matter from the former law firm
Clifford Chance’s vision is to be the global law firm of choice for the world’s leading businesses of today and tomorrow. Learn more about Clifford Chance.