A new core text for anyone seeking patents in Europe has just been published by the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys.
The Patents Training Manual, edited by Gwilym Roberts, CIPA Honorary Secretary and Chairman of Kilburn & Strode, and Debbie Slater, Chartered UK Patent Attorney and experienced trainer, is aimed at trainee patent attorneys. The book is also a valuable resource for any IP professional seeking an understanding of patent law in the UK and Europe.
Students are able to base their training programme on the manual for a fully structured framework of study.
- Authoritative chapters written by leading IP professionals based on their practice experience.
- Encouragement to the trainee to play an active role in their learning and tie in their studies with practice in the workplace.
- A training log allowing both the trainer and the trainee to chart and monitor progress in both study and work experience.
- Suggestions as to further study and links to examination syllabi.
- Real-life scenarios to challenge the trainee.
The book is priced at £100 (£75 for CIPA members) and can be purchased from the CIPA website here.